Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Long over due update

I know it has been a while since I've blogged, but in all fairness, it has been very busy around here. I can hardly believe it has been 5 months since our forever family day. Most days it seems like Alex has always been with us. She is doing great and really has latched on to the idea of Christmas. She even got pictures taken with Santa, although I need to scan those in order to post them here. Here are just a few pictures I've taken over the past 2 weeks.








We put up the Christmas tree, the Monday after Thanksgiving. Alex really enjoyed helping hang the ornaments. I even showed her all the special ones we have acquired during the wait for her.








Since Dan will not be home for Christmas, we gave Alex our present to her early. Don't worry, Santa is still scheduled to visit Alex at Grandma's house on Christmas. As you can see, it is a cute little kitchen. Ever since then, she has been cooking her little heart out. I don't know how many pretend meals of bacon and eggs, grits and pasta we have eaten.

Today, we baked sugar cookies and the decorated them. Other than a premature opening of the sprinkles, which resulted in a sprinkle shower, Alex was a big help. After we finished the cookies, we took some to neighbors next door.




Finally, this is one of about 25 different pictures I tried to take today for our Christmas card. As you can see, I still haven't got a decent shot. Alex doesn't sit still for long, so half the pictures were blurs or the "odd" face after the actual smile.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hopefully I'll have some decent pictures to post of Alex's first Christmas.




















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see the update. All the pictues are cute, even the one with the "fake" smile. Can't wait to see y'all next week.

Love
Anya Rhonda

Mission To Macie said...

Just a suggestion.......you should totally use that 1st pic as your christmas card......it is precious!

maybe crop it a little....but it is just a sweet sweet picture.

just a thought :)

Jill

China for Abby said...

The picture of Alex at the Christmas tree is totally amazing! We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

Love You,
Jawanna

Anonymous said...

Darcie,

Love the pictures. Now, speaking of attitude, I remember a number of years back baby-sitting a little red-haired shaver who was 20 lbs. of attitude in a 5-lb. bag. I think the attitude may be osmotic. At any rate, ya'll have a very Merry Christmas.

Love Ya'
Unca Bill (Your mother-in-law's twin brother)