Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some random Alex quotes

Almost daily I come in to work and have a cute story to tell about Alex. Usually it is something she says because she is 100 lbs of attitude in a 23 lb body. I thought some of you might enjoy a laugh as well so here goes:

Several weeks ago Dan thought it might be nice to surprise me by taking Alex to see Santa while I was at work and have pictures taken. That night when I came home, Alex was really excited. I knew they had gone to the mall that day, but I wasn't sure why. She jumped out of Dan's lap and immediately ran up to me shouting " I not suppose to tell you we took pictures!" I laughed so hard I cried. One because Dan really thought a 3 year old could keep a secret and two because when Dan asked her did she tell Mama their secret she kept saying "No, I not suppose to tell her we took pictures"

The night before Dan left for Korea, we decided to go out to dinner. Steak is a rare and expensive thing over there, so Dan wanted a good steak. When I came home from work, Alex was excited to see me as usual. I picked her up and started asking her about her day. Dan then asked her if she was ready to go. She looked her Baba and in the same tone of voice I use to talk to her she said "I need to get my purse and my wawa (baby doll)".

Yesterday, Alex was apparently feeling rather contrary. At some point during the day, just minutes prior to her nap, she decided to fire our friend, Leslie, who watches her everyday.
She started by telling her "You're driving me crazy" She then proceeded to tell her "You can't be in my house anymore" and "I'm going to drive you home". At which point Leslie laugh and told her they would just discuss this with Mama. Alex immediately laid down and took a nap.

I think Dan and I may be in trouble as Alex gets older if she has this much attitude at 3 years old.

3 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hahahahahaha.. love it... certainly have a little girl with some attitude there... hehehe... to cute...

Sorry it has been a while between visits... stuff is busy here... if I don't drop in before Christmas... have a good one... take care

Anonymous said...

So where are the pictures she wasn't supposed to tell yu about.


Love Mama (po po grandma)

GinnyDreamin' said...

Darcie--> I'm CRACKING up reading these little stories!! I just love it!! Alex is such an adorable and SPUNKY little one! I know you and Dan are having a blast!!!

Merry Christmas!!! Take LOTS of pictures---I can hardly wait to see them!!! Have a blessed and FUN holiday!

Love,
Julie