Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Chickens


A few months ago a hen showed up in our neighborhood. I believe they were escapees from the "hobby farm" behind our subdivision. She had several chicks running behind her and now, we have a full blown chicken flock. They roam from yard to yard eating insects. Sometimes in the morning, one or more of the roosters will come into our yard and crow at dawn. Good thing I'm an animal lover...... I will admit I have used my Miss State University Cowbell to discourage them. By the way, seeing chickens run is just about the funniest thing ever. They have really become pest. I have to watch when I put cat food out for the wild cat that lives around our house or they will eat it. I have even seen them come up and bully him until he leaves. I wish I could find out where the hens were laying their eggs. There is nothing better then fresh, free range eggs.

3 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Either get the eggs or have a nice chicken meal and let the smell woft out the house and tell the chickens if they don't behave they are next on the plate...lol

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Funny escapee chicken story! I can just imagine you shakin’ your cowbell and then standing back and watching the poor little critters run around! LOL, funny mental picture!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

MississippiZen said...

Well ... at least you found a good use for your MSU bell ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!