Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, December 15, 2007

so far so close


This Dan of DnD........

I made it safely home Thursday night despite the best efforts of Northwest and Delta airlines....

I wanted to share a little bit of my flight home because it was like swerving into destiny, not quite hitting it but getting close enough to see it. This will make sense in a minute......

As some of you know I recently took a work assignment in in South Korea.

This has me travelling every 28 days.

While coming home this time, my plane was delayed in Tokyo,Japan.

I noticed several western families with Asian children, babies to be more exact.....

I introduced myself to them and inquired as to were they returning from China after adopting....they were......

See where this is going??? Now does the earlier statement about crashing into destiny make sense???

Anyway, I spoke for several minutes with these lucky families and relayed our story as well...All the children were happy and healthy....

I guess what I am trying to convey here is that I got a glimpse of what it is going to be like for us......one day.....I can't deny that I was stricken with a minor dose of jealousy, but then the eyes of an angel met mine and reminded me that it is not something to covet, but rather something to embrace and be thankful for.........

And it just made my resolve even stronger, for it was then that I realized this was my only true goal left and that I have the rest of my life to prepare, wait, and hope for.......

In closing, if any of those families from Northwest flight 12 from Tokyo-Nari ta, Japan to Detroit on December 14th, 2007 read this I say Merry Christmas and God Bless.......

7 comments:

DND said...

I didn't know Dan was going to post this, but it made me cry. I have the best husband in the world and he is going to make the best dad to a lucky baby one day.

MississippiZen said...

Wow ... what a wonderful thing to read this morning. You have me sitting here in tears. I know that you two will be the best parents in the world (ok, except for John and I haha) .. and I ABSOLUTELY cannot wait until I am standing at the airport waiting for you to walk down with your baby ... it will truly be one of my happiest days. Love you guys..

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

What a fantastic story, thanks for sharing it!

Glad you are home safe for the holidays, enjoy!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Dan... you are the MAN!!!! Your bundle of joy will have you wrapped around her finger... Happy ho, ho, ho to you both...

GrannyB said...

Dan can make his Mama cry too! See you soon! Love Ya'll

Cutie said...

That is such a beautiful post! Welcome home!

Don and Be said...

Great post, Dan! Stumbled upon your blog today & I thought I was about the only guy out there doing adoption posts.
Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you and Darcie,
Don & Be