Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Alexandria's Christmas ornaments

As some of you know, Dan and I started the adoption process in January of 2006. What most of you don't know is that we had decided to adopt in December of 2005. The panda ornament you see was given to me that Christmas by a client. At the time only 1 other person knew of our plans, so when I got the ornament, it seemed like a good sign. I consider it Alexandria's first Christmas ornament.


This ornament was given to us by our friends Margie and John in 2006. They adopted their little angel in March of 2006. I consider this Alexandria's second Christmas ornament.

Today I was out shopping for presents and I came across this ornament. I knew I wanted to find another ornament for the tree to signify the start of our 3rd year waiting for Alexandria. Ladybugs are considered good luck and in the adoption community they are a common theme. This is what his tag says, "Ladybugs are know to bring good luck. They signal good weather and a good harvest. If a Ladybug lands on your hand, make a wish, and then watch it fly away. Your good fortune will come from that direction." I think that says it all.
Here is the tree finally decorated. Of course, the cats are enjoying the tree.

And for those of you who wonder where Dennis is..he was locked in the bathroom.

3 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Love the ornaments... the ones I have is from a friend in Australia who has sent them to me each year to put on the tree for when Shauna got here so she could learn where her mum is from... ohhh... mum... did I just call myself that? Sounds very, very odd... I think I want to be called 'Mumsy'... lol... NOT!!!

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

I absolutely love all of Alexandria's ornaments. What a very lucky little girl she will be! Your tree is BEEEEEUTIFUL!!

I have been trying to get my tree decorated for 2 weeks now; hopefully soon it will have ornaments on it, lol!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

MississippiZen said...

So .. is he staying locked in the bathroom until Christmas?? JUST WONDERING???

Can't wait to see TONS of presents for Alex sitting under there!