Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm Walkin.....

So, years ago I used to work out. Actually it wasn't YEARS ago, it was more like A year ago. I took karate twice a week and worked out on my mat in the basement on other days. Then, I quit my job to open up my own clinic. I became obsessed with getting the business going and I quit karate and working out at home. My mat sat in the basement dirty with boxes on it and the heavy bag was still. With the lack of movement, bad eating habits, stress, "trying" to quit smoking and a dysfunctional thyroid, the weight returned. I had lost over 30 lbs by eating a very low fast diet and working out several times a week previously. I've been talking about exercising again for some time. I kept saying, when this, that, or the other happens I will work out again. Unfortunately, what happened is I got out of shape fast. With a trip to China coming up and soon a toddler to chase around I decided it was time to get back into shape (other than round). So today I walked in the park near my house. Several people from work came with me so they could get in shape too. I walked 1.6 miles in 30 minutes. Not a big deal, but considering everything, I'm proud I finally did something. I know I will never be "thin" but I want to be able to play with Alex and hopefully not wear out in 5 minutes. Feel free to comment anytime. Hopefully if I start to back slide, you guys can shame me into continuing my work outs.

2 comments:

LuLu said...

Hey Darcie! I'm so excited about your news. I hear ya about getting in shape. You will need energy to keep up with that little girl. Our prayers are with you and your growing family!God bless! Leslie

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I make sure I walk at least 1 to 2 miles a day... I aim to lose 2lbs a week... nothing drastic like before... take care