Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Friday, August 15, 2008

Alex and Baba day

Pictures of Alex and her new play set. Dan worked most of the week to get this done before he leaves next week.







Well, I know you have all been on the edge of your seats, waiting to hear how the day went..........It went fine. I hardly slept a wink last night I was so worried. The worry was needless. When Alex woke up, she sat in my lap for about 20 minutes while I drank my coffee. Then, I started getting ready while Dan fed her breakfast. Before I left, I told Alex that I had to go to "school" today and she needed to stay home with Baba so he wouldn't be lonely, then I gave her my lipstick case and told her to hold on to it until I came home. I even put some chap stick in there for her. The kid is crazy for chap stick. I left and managed to wait almost 1 whole hour before I called to check in. Alex choose her own outfit...I wish I had a picture of how she was dressed and Dan took her for a walk around the neighborhood. Then, they went up to the bike shop to see some friends. They had lunch with Yaya Frank at Hooters. Alex got 2 balloons and crayons while she was there. After lunch, they came home for a nap. Nap time continues to be a problem and while Alex did not have a temper tantrum today, she laid in the bed and cried while Dan laid on the floor next to her bed. Dan finally got her up after an hour. That afternoon, they played upstairs in her room and outside on the swing set. The girls next door came by to play as well. During the day, I called during every break and talked to Alex 3 times. Tonight, she was exhausted due to the missed nap, so she was asleep by 8. I have to finish my classes tomorrow, so hopefully it will go well again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the day went good. I love the playset. I'm sure she is going to enjoy it alot. But really Hooters!!! I'm not sure that was the best place to take her. :)

Love Mama (po po)

Elizabeth said...

That playset is unbelievable.

I agree with the previous Hooters comment. Ha.

I talked to Brian WIlliams and told him your news. He was thrilled for you. I will send your blog address to him

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post, yes, we were on the edge of our seats. I'm so glad that the day went well.

Dan, good job on the playset. I'm glad you got it done.

Love
Aunt Rhonda

GinnyDreamin' said...

LOVE THE PLAYSET!!!!! I'm sure Alex will spend MANY many hours enjoying it! Have a great weekend!

Mission To Macie said...

oh WOW! awesome playground!