Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

One Month

Today is 1 month since we first held Alex in our arms. So, just to update you....
Alex is learning English quickly, almost too quickly, I'm kind of sad to hear the Chinese slipping away.
She can count to 10 in English and is starting to sing her ABC's..although she gets confused somewhere around G and reverts to some type of Chinese song with the same tune. I really need to get it on video.
She loves the cats..the feeling is NOT mutual. Two tolerates her better then everyone else. She likes to see the dogs, but still doesn't want to pet them. She also like looking at the horses in the pasture behind the house. We have started round of doctor visits. Thus far, Alex has had her hearing checked (normal) and she has been fitted for new braces. Our appointment with the Spina Bifida clinic isn't until the end of Sept, so we don't know when she will have surgery.
This past weekend we were very busy. Saturday morning, Alex played with the girls next door. I think she was a bit overwhelmed by them. That afternoon, we went to our friends house and played in the kiddie pool with Cameron. Thus far she seems to like her play dates with Cameron the best. He cried when we left, so I guess the feeling is mutual. Sunday we drove up to see our friend Rachael and her 4 kids. Alex didn't sleep much on the way up, so the ride up was rough. She slept most of the way home however. Today, we went to story time at the local library and then went to Micky Dees with some other friends. Alex had a great time. Unfortunately, when we got home, Alex was over tired and when I tried to put her down for a nap a 3 year old tantrum started that lasted 15 minutes. Currently, Dan is working on a play set for Alex. Once it is done I will post pictures. Finally, per request.. her are some new pictures.

Alex in her bubble bath.
Extreme close up...Alex loves seeing pictures of herself.


Bubbles are fun!!!!


Alex looking at herself in the mirror. This is one of her favorite activities. She makes faces and watches herself talk.


Alex has discovered stickers..We have gone through about 200 in the past 2 days. Her she is with an entire package of My Little Pony stickers on her dress. If you are reading this....send more stickers!!!!!!!

This weekend will be a real test for the family. Per Alabama state law I have to have 20 hours of Continuing Education a year and my only chance to get it is this weekend. This will be the first time I have been away from Alex, the first time she has been away from me and the first time Dan has been completely alone with her. Please pray... no I'm serious....Alex is a major velcro child with me. Dan is great fun and she loves him to death but after about 10-15 minutes she comes looking for me.

That is all for now. I promise not to wait so long to post next time.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

She is SUCH a little doll!! I'll be sending up prayers for this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love, Love Love the pictures. I will try and get some stickers in the mail tomorrow. Also will be praying for Alex and Ba BA.

Love Mama (Po PO)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is so great to see that she is doing well... talking up a storm... take care

cheepette8 said...

Wow I can't believe it's been a month. I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

It is truly unbelievable that it has been a whole month. The pictures are great but we definitely need some video.

I have already started praying for Alex and BaBa.

Sounds like the sticker addiction could get a little expensive.

Love
Aunt Rhonda

MississippiZen said...

Finally some beautiful pictures! What a cutie pie she is!!

GinnyDreamin' said...

YAY!!!!!!! PICTURES!!!!!!

Alex is SUCH a cutie! I know you and Dan are LOVING parenthood!!!

:)

Mission To Macie said...

cute cute cute!