Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baba, Bows and Boo Boos

So I thought I would give everyone an update on things here. Dan left for Korea yesterday and to date I have been asked "Where is Baba?" 4045 times......We have talked about how Baba is at work etc... but anytime we go somewhere Alex thinks we will be meeting Baba. When ever she is hurt or upset with me...she wants Baba. We did get to talk to Dan on the phone today and see him on web cam.
Once Dan left...It took about 7 hours before I was bored out of my mind being at home, so we went to the store and got some finger paints, water color paint and sticker books. The pictures below are of Alex "painting" today.



Today was a busy day for us. Alex had her 3 week follow up appointment at the Adoption Clinic. All her test were normal, with the exception of a borderline anemia. They recommended I start her on a multivitamin with iron and zinc.
After her appointment, I took her to get fried chicken. Unfortunately, I had to cut lunch short due to an emergency appointment of my own. See, this weekend Alex accidentally hit me in the eye. It hurt...I mean really hurt. I couldn't see anything wrong however so I didn't think much about it. Until, that is, my eye continued to hurt and I found it unbearable to open it outside. I went to my clinic and my partner looked at it and thought I might have a scratch. At this point, I could see some changes to my eye too. I called my eye doctor this morning, but he isn't in the office on Wednesday. However, his receptionist called him and told him the problem and he agreed to see me at 1:30. So, we rushed through lunch...meaning I scarfed mine down and Alex ate hers in the car on the way to the appointment. Once we got there, I told her I would give her a piece of candy if she sat in the chair quietly while the doctor checked my eye, and she did!!!! When we finally got home almost 5 hours after leaving, there was a package and a gift bag on the front porch.
Below is an adorable outfit that Paige sent Alex. I can't wait for cooler weather so she can wear it. She also sent stickers....bless you!!!!! The gift bag contained hair bows from some friends in Dan's motorcycle group. Alex asked me to put all those bows in her hair. If you will notice in the picture..Alex is taking a picture. Yes that is a real camera that Dan bought her before he left.



Later this evening, my SIL Leslie and her kids drove up to meet Alex. Unfortunately, they were only able to stay about an hour as they are driving back to the Idaho. I know they drove WAY out of the way, and I was delighted to see them. Well, I'm off to put more drops in my eye and go to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you get the bows to stay in her hair, and how long did she wear them?:). I loved all of the pictures.

Love MaMa (po po)

MississippiZen said...

Well ....I've been waiting for weeks now to see a bow in her hair :) lol!

I hope Alex begins to understand why daddy is just on the computer for the next few weeks. It is hard on the kids until they get old enough to understand that Daddy does come back :)

For the record, Lilli still wants Daddy when
a. she is in trouble
b. she doesn't want to go to bed
c. she is in trouble
d. she is in trouble

love you!
Margie

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh... she is to cute for words... love that photo of her with all her bows...