Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Alabama shower

Today was my shower in Alabama. My wonderful friends/co-workers threw this one.

Here is the yummy cake. It was chocolate....too good.


Here is everyone hanging out and watching me open presents.


Here I'm complete with a silly tiara they made me wear that says Mom to be and a flashing button.


Look Dan, we finally got some underwear for Alex.



Here I am with the girls. They all helped throw the shower. The only ones missing are Dee and Elizabeth. This was a different kind of shower. Since I'm not pregnant, we skipped the games and had hard liquor, wine and beer instead. Needless to say, this was a long shower, lasting over 4 hours. Of course, Alex got lots of nice things, too many to picture here.

So we are down to less than 2 weeks until we leave for China. I still have tons to do. Monday, I'm having the carpets steam cleaned. I still need to wash clothes for Alex and decide what to take. I have tons of shopping for the trip left as well. I may not post much before the trip, but rest assured I will keep you up to date.

4 comments:

Liene said...

Looks like both of your showers were really nice. That's awesome!!! I'm sure you're a little more prepared now.

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Wow 2 showers!

Looks like lots of gifts and fun! This sounds like my kind of shower ... drinks instead of silly games, lol!

You are getting so close. I can hardly wait to see the pictures and hear all about tour trip! Are you planning to post from China?

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Mission To Macie said...

How sweet! What a wonderful blessing.

Won't be too long now! Woohooooooo

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the tiara!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fun shower. Getting excited for ya'll. I've told everybody here about you guys going to get Alex. Praying for you.

love
Manth