Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

1 week left....

This time next week I will be finishing my final packing and trying to get some sleep. I think I'm in some sort of shock because everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited or nervous and I'll I can say is I don't know. I think I'm just focusing on one task at a time to keep from going crazy. Monday night, I did indulge myself in a movie to try and take my mind off things. I'm glad I did, since I have no idea when I will be able to go to a movie alone again. Tonight, I went through all the gifts for Alex again and tried to decide what to take. I don't want to take too much and I don't want to take too little. There has been two bumps in the road so far, one minor and one that could be potentially major. The first is that late this afternoon, I got an e-mail from our agency that said the needed one more piece of paper work. The bad news is, it needs to be signed by our social worker and notarized. Oh, did I mention they need it before we leave and that we are coming up on July 4th.....Hopefully my social worker did not decide to take a long weekend. The second thing is my Mom is sick. She has been sick for a week now. She came up for my shower this weekend, but ended up staying at my house because she was feeling so bad. Tomorrow she has to have an ultrasound and hopefully everything will be fine. I don't normally ask for this, but if you guys could pray that everything goes fine for my Mom and that she feels better quickly. She is scheduled to go to China with us. I guess that is all for tonight. I need to go lay in my bed and not sleep again. As always, I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Doreen said...

WOW!!! It's happening! Good for you guys!!! Should I pack too? ;-)
Doreen in Montreal Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

cheepette8 said...

I'm saying prayers for your mother. I hope she gets better soon.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hope that all is well with your mum... not long now... take care and Happy 4th