Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Weekend and other stuff...

Happy 4th of July a day late....that seems to be the story of my life. A day late and a dollar short.
Anyway, just wanted to give everyone an update on my Mom and the packing.
Mom has been in the hospital since Thursday. She had a pretty rough night Thursday, but now seems to be slowly on the mend. Unfortunately, she may not be going to China. Since we leave in 4 days(....OMG 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!) she may not be ready to travel. Thanks to everyone who commented and prayed for her.
As for the packing..well it is going okay. Yesterday I did laundry and narrowed down the clothes I am taking for Alex to about 6 outfits. It was really hard to do this, because everyone has been so generous with gifts and Alex has about 50 cute little outfits. I made yet another trip to the Walmarts and bought snacks. I think I may be overdoing it however, so I'm waiting to pack the snacks until Wednesday. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to pack my clothes and the see how much room is left. Ta Ta For Now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom is better and gets to come! In any case, here is important packing advice: put anything you MUST have (paperwork, etc) in your carry on and at least a complete change of clothes (or even better: 2). Then, for the love of heaven, divide everything among the available suitcases. Don't put ALL your stuff in your suitcase and ALL your husband's in another. I learned this lesson when I packed all my bottoms in one suitcase and the tops in another & the tops were left at home. Good thing I learned the lesson then, because I spread things around when I went to China and as luck would have it, one of the suitcases was lost for nearly a WEEK before we were reunited with it. We were ok without it until then since it was mostly baby stuff we could replace and other back up items in case a different suitcase went missing, but it could have been a disaster if I had lost a suitcase that had either ALL my clothes or ALL my husband's. Happy packing and even happier traveling!

Mike and Rhonda said...

Wow, you have been through alot lately both wonderful and not so good. Sorry to hear that your mom is sick and may not be able to travel with you guys. I will put her on my prayer list!

Second wow! I cannot believe you are about to travel to get Alex. That is just so exciting....

Your showers were awesome. One good thing about having a baby shower when you are not pregnant, you can have mimosas, wine etc. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Good luck with the packing! Please pass on packing tips for the rest of us.