Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 2 and a few more pictures

Today was our official adoption day. We were asked all sorts of questions like were we satisfied with our daughter. ..... how could we not be. Dan is to say the least smitten and she loves her BaBa as well. This afternoon when he left the room, she blew him a kiss. Alex slept well last night, but we did not. She seemed to wake up every so often and reach out to touch us, as if to reassure herself we were there. After we finished all the official paperwork, we went to a huge store to by a stroller. Alex prefers to be held by me, which is nice, except that after a while my arms are killing me and we tend to do a lot of walking. Dan also picked her up a package of Winnie the Pooh pony tail holders. She is so tiny, she is wearing them as bracelets...ha ha. Below are a few pictures while we waited to sign the official papers. Most of the time Alex was laughing and talking. The first picture is of her pulling her hat down and laughing.


Tomorrow we will finish up paper work and go to Alex's "finding spot". I'll try to do better on the pictures, but she is just so amazing sometimes we forget about the cameras.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful! Congratulations to your family.

MississippiZen said...

I don't know that I've heard a sweeter comment than the "She is so amazing that sometimes we forget about the cameras"!!

You talk about Dan being smitten ... ha, I think the new mama is head over heels as well.

Gosh, this is only the second day and already I want to drive the 5 hours to meet you at the airport! I can't wait to meet Miss Alex .. I just can't wait!

Love you all,
Margie

Anonymous said...

I know she is amazing but don't forget about Grandma (PO PO) she wants lots of pictures!!

Love Mama

Anonymous said...

Awwww...she's wearing the Panda shirt. She looks like she is so at home with you guys. God bless!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Didn't think it would be long until she had you both wrapped around her little finger... she is such a sweetie...

Elizabeth said...

Yeah!!!!!!
She is beautiful. It is so great to see y'all together... finally.

E

Mission To Macie said...

Didn't you read the rule book before you left???

Picturespicturespictures!!!!


I am like Margie I can't wait to see her in person!!!!

Love,
Jill :)

GinnyDreamin' said...

OH MY SHE IS CUTER EVERY DAY!!!
NOT TO MENTION that you look happier every day as well!! :) I love the pictures! I'm so happy everything is going GREAT!!!