Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our Day in Beijing

View from our hotel room in Beijing.


Our travel group in Tianamen Square. (there is not enough anti-frizz stuff in the world to help my hair)




Sorry I missed a post yesterday. For those of you who have been here and those of you who are coming here, you know that the Beijing tour day is a LONG one. We went to the Forbidden City and the Great Wall. I do have some pictures of the day to post, but I forgot to charge up the camera so it died early into the trip. Dan took a lot of pictures with the video camera, but forgot the cord to down load the pictures. We are a pair. The day was amazing. Even our guide kept commenting on what a beautiful day it was. The Forbidden City was amazing but huge. We thought Dan's mom wasn't going to make it. She has at least 2 asthma attacks during the tour. She did recovery enough to walk on the Great Wall, but that was it. I walked part way up and Dan made it all the way to the 3rd tower, which was way way way up there. He says he took some good pictures. I guess we will post them when we get home or sooner, if we manage to find a usb connector that will work with the video camera. As I sit, we are trying to cool off in our hotel room in Chengdu. We had to get up around 3:30 this morning to leave for the airport by 4;45. Our flight wasn't until 7:55 but our guide was concerned about possible delays due to the increased security. We did manage to find the KFC and the grocery store today. I don't know what we will do tonight. I'm looking forward to a nap soon. We get Alex tomorrow at 10am. Pray that it all goes well. According to our guide, she knows we are coming.

8 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I gotta remember to not forget the camera cord etc sounds like you are all having a great time... take care

MississippiZen said...

I have been waiting for this update! I know how long that Beijing tour day is ... we were WIPED out at the end of it!

Only 12 or so more hours until Alex is in your arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleep well ..... hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you will get her tomorrow! I will be faithfully checking this blog.

My advice for the sleeping issues would have been Ambien in the carry on luggage. Ha.

Love,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful!! I wish I was there. I'll see you when you get home.
Love Mama

Doreen said...

pinch yourself! You are in China, getting your baby!!!!!!Yahoo!!!!!!


Doreen in Montreal Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Anonymous said...

Beijing sounds awesome. Everything seems like a dream. I can't wait to hear your reaction to having Alex in your arms.
Love ya,
Leslie and Darren

Mission To Macie said...

am I the only one up waiting???

LOL

its 12:30am so it should be 1:30pm in china right???????

TingTing's wishes said...

welcome to China~