Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Friday, July 11, 2008

Good Morning from Beijing.

It is about 5 am here. We got in to town around 9:30, but didn't get to the hotel until after 10. We finally got to our room and then decided we NEEDED a Diet Coke. Well let me tell you, we paid about 30 us dollars for 2 waters and 4 diet cokes downstairs and it was worth it. ha ha The beds here are just what I was told, pieces of plywood with sheets over them. The room is nice and has 2 beds, but the beds are small so Dan and I slept apart last night like a 50's TV couple. Dan is still sleeping since he does not have jet lag. I have been up for a while. No pictures yet, but today is our day to sight see. We will leave around 8:30 and be back around 5. Hopefully, I can post and download pictures then. Sunday morning we have to leave very early, around 5:30, for the airport, so I'm hoping I sleep better after a day of walking around. Ta Ta for now.

5 comments:

MississippiZen said...

Glad to hear that you made it. Have fun climbing the Great Wall!

GinnyDreamin' said...

Take lots of pictures! :) I can hardly wait to see them.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I have heard about the beds being like plywood... thanks for the piece of advice... have fun going up the Wall... take care

Anonymous said...

Darren said there is a Walmart in Bejing and you wouldn't have paid that much there.HAHA! Can't wait to see some pics!
Leslie

Mission To Macie said...

I think I am the only freak that LOVED the beds in
China! LOL I would have brought one home if I could have!

Have fun! Can't wait until Alex day!!!