Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Disappointing news

Well, my Mom is still in the hospital. Unfortunately, she is not improving the way the doctors wanted. She is definitely not going to be able to go to China. As you can imagine, I'm terribly disappointed. We have been planning on both our mothers being with us for our forever family day for over a year. Now I'm just hoping that Mom is out of the hospital before I leave for China.

I'm almost done packing. I appreciated the comments with packing tips, however, with Dan already in Korea, it falls on me to pack everything in my luggage. I think I may be okay. Wednesday, I'm going to take my suitcase in to work and weigh it on the big dog scale.

Finally, I thought I would post our itinerary so everyone can see where we are suppose to be each day.

7/10 Leave the Ham at 10 am and fly west via Detroit

7/11 Meet up with Dan in Tokyo and fly to Beijing arriving at 9:35pm

7/12 Tour of Beijing (Great Wall, Forbidden City, Tian An Men Square)

7/13 Leave for Chengdu at 7:55 am and arrive at 10:30 am

7/14 10 am (9 pm CST) Get Alex!!!!!!!! Later on that day we will go shopping for Alex.

7/15 Do paper work...(official adoption day)
7/16 Tour of zoo
7/17 Tour Renmin Park
7/18 Go to Civil Affairs office to get Alex's passport
7/19 Leave for Guangzhou at 8:30 am and arrive at 10:25 am
7/20 Sightseeing of Chen Family Temple
7/21 Medical check up and visa photo
7/22 10 am appointment at American Consulate
7/23 Interview and pick-up Visa at American Consulate
7/24 8:20 am leave Guangzhou. Arrive at 10 pm CST in the Ham.

6 comments:

cheepette8 said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she gets better soon. I also hope that you have a safe and wonderful trip. Enjoy and savor every moment of it.

Liene said...

I'm sorry your mom won't be able to join you if she doesn't get well.

But it could be worse. Dan could be going to China without you. That's what's going to have to happen in our case whenever that happens. My doctor's have told me not to travel. I'm doing well and my health is good for now but if for some reason I were to get sick in China there is no way I could get proper treatment. So I'll be sending my mother in my place. Now that's going to be hard knowing that Lane and my mom are going to have so much time to bond with her before I do.

Cheri and Shane said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

Have a great time in China and give that beautiful baby lots of hugs & kisses from all your "blogging friends".

Hugs,
Cheri

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Sorry to hear about your mum... hope she gets better very soon... have a great trip and a ton of adventures... Mississippi was great - loved it... I thought of you when we were there, knowing you weren't that far away... will go there again one day and hopefully we can meet halfway... take care

wzgirl said...

OMGosh, you leave tomorrow! Bon Voyage...and hugs to your Mom. xo

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you are leaving tomorrow. We will be thinking of you, and EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE. Go get your daughter, and hurry home. I hope your mom is much better.

Love,
Elizabeth