Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Buck Creek Festival

This weekend I went to the Buck Creek Festival in Old Town Helena. The festival has been going on for 7 years, but this is the first year I have gone. Mainly, the festival involves music and lots of booths. It was a nice day, although a little hot.

This was a large area of inflatable rides for the kids.


This is the highlight of the event. The duck race. The race is for charity. Each duck cost 5 dollars each and if you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd then you win a prize. This picture is of the volunteers dumping thousand of rubber ducks in the creek above the waterfall.

We waited and waited and waited for the ducks to come over the falls. Turns out for some reason, a large portion of the ducks headed up stream. So we waited almost 30 minutes for the ducks.

Finally, the little ducks came over the falls and floated towards the finish line. No, I didn't win anything. As far as I know my duck never even made it over the falls, but it was still a fun day.

Just for fun, I took a picture of a booth that had an inflatable version of my favorite character "Patrick".
While at the festival, I saw a booth of a woman who makes the most adorable children's outfits. I saw this cute little capri outfit that I just had to order for Alex. I can't wait to see her in it, and next year, maybe she can come with me.

1 comment:

MississippiZen said...

Next year ... you will be spending all your time at the inflatables LOL! Hope you enjoyed the shopping this year :)