Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mom........



Here is picture of Mom with all of her children. Yes, there are five of us and I'm the youngest.

Let me tell you a little bit about my mom. I was born 2 days before her 31st birthday. When I was a kid, I thought she was sooooo old, compared to my other friends moms who were in there late twenties. Mom was always there for us. She was a home room mother, ran the 4H club and kept the everything running smoothly. My father passed away when I was 10, leaving my mother a widow at the young age of 41. The 3 oldest kids were already out of the house and married or living on their own, but my brother and I were still kids. Mom was left with a 10 year old girl and a 16 year old boy to finish raising. Mom didn't have a paying job either. In short order, she started looking for a job. Eventually she became a teacher's aid and then went back to school to get her teaching degree. She did all this while still being an attentive mom. She still managed to go to the basketball games, football games, softball games and other school functions. She sent me off to college and finished college herself. She was my matron of honor at my wedding and has been there for everyone of her children when we needed her. She now has 9 grand kids, and one on the way. She has 1 great grandchild. Mom is planning on going to China with us. Mom retired last year and is happier then ever. I never realized how hard it was for her to raise all of us until I raised a teenager of my own. I'm still amazed at how she handled everything, alot of the time alone. I'm amazed at the trust she showed in me during my teenage years, and I'm glad to say I never did anything to break that trust. So on this Mother's Day I just wanted to say, Mama Thanks for everything and I hope when Alexandria comes home, I can be half the mom you were to me. I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for you.

2 comments:

MississippiZen said...

Ok ... did you have to go and make me cry today?????????

I love your mom too.

I know you are going to be a mom just like her .... and one day, Alex will be blogging about you :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for expanding on someone I already knew was pretty special, my Aunt Clarice!

;)