Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Monday, May 12, 2008

Chengdu

So this morning started out with news of the earthquake in China. What most of you don't know is....Alexandria is in Chengdu. I spent the entire day at work trying to pay attention to clients and their problems, while worrying about Alexandria and all the other children. I called, e-mailed and fretted all day. Bits and pieces of news would come in that made me think the area was okay, but the news reports got progressively worse. Finally at 5 pm we got an update from Half the Sky. They sponsor the orphanage where Alexandria lives. They said everything is okay and the children were evacuated. I could finally give a big sigh of relief that she was okay. I hurt for everyone there and all the lives lost, but I'm grateful our daughter was not injured. The feeling of helplessness was more than I could bear not knowing all day if she was okay. I thought the wait for the referral was hard, but the wait to have Alexandria in my arms is turning out to be worse. Please continue to pray for everyone in the area.

5 comments:

MississippiZen said...

I'm praying.

Love you,
Margie

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Thinking of you and of bubs still in China... take care

CC said...

I just found you via Mommy Cracked. I'm so glad your daughter is okay! What a scary, scary time. I had nervous breakdowns waiting for my kids to come home from Korea (we had to wait 6 and 4 months after referral for our kids to come home).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M,R,J1,J2 said...

Thank God she is allright.
Thinking of you,
Michaela