Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Thursday, November 29, 2007

11 months and counting

So, I woke up this morning in a bad mood, and by 6:20 I was pissed off and crying. Nothing in particular mind you, just crying. I managed to pull myself together and go to work. The day wasn't great, not the worst, but not great. I had to tell a lady with a very nice dog that her dog had cancer and there was nothing I could do other than keep her comfortable. I had to "ask" a couple to surrender a puppy with a broken leg to me because they didn't have the money to take care of her. By the way her name is Follie now and we will probably be fixing her leg tomorrow. I came home and ate "dinner" which was a bowl of cereal because I was too depressed to cook. Finally, as I sat cruising through my usual blogs I ran across "Digging a hole to China" and she reminded me that it was our LID anniversary. Maybe that explains my funk. I hadn't thought about it all day, but underneath it all my mind KNEW. If this is how I react at 11 months, I'm afraid what 1 year will bring. Wish me luck, strength and hope for the coming months and years. I really need it today.

6 comments:

Headmeister said...

You are fully entitled to your funk. And when you come out of that funk, think about how you very well could be halfway to Alexandria... And if not half way, you still have 11 months that you will never have to do again.

I know it's hard - I'm right there with you. And I've had PLENTY of those funky "get away from me or you'll leave armless" kind of days. But still, in the end, there we will be, you and me in China, most likely meeting our daughters on the same day :)

Hugs to you my LID-mate,
Heather
www.diggingaholetochina.com

MississippiZen said...

wish I could be there to help you thru the funk ...

go turn on The Police REALLY LOUD and cry, scream, dance, do WHATEVER will help you through this moment ...

love you

M

John said...

I always like to chainsaw a tree down when I get in a bad mood. You could borrow mine......

Mandy said...

Oh gosh, honey. ((huge hugs))

Waiting to be a parent is SO dang hard. We tried to have a baby for four years before we were finally successful. Don't be too hard on yourself. Sounds like you've had a ton of emotional stuff to deal with in the past day or so.

Hang in there. I'm praying your wait won't be much longer.

wzgirl said...

Ok, so I can relate - not today as I've recently come back from vacation, but on the usual day. I work with hurt people vs. animals. Some days are tougher than others. Add to that a LID "Anniversary" & maybe a weensy bit of pms & you've def got trouble!

Thanks 4 visiting buttercup! XO

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

I have had days (weeks) like this. I sympathize with the emotions you are going through right now. Some days it feels like the more we wait, the longer we have to wait. I am tired of hearing, “things are going to speed up”, “it will happen when it is supposed to”, when you get your referral you will forget the wait”.

Today is “one of those days” for me. Sorry, I have no positive thoughts; I will be more optimistic the next time I drop by.

Smiles? :o(
Nikki