Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Friday, November 9, 2007

Beta

This is Beta. The beautiful woman next to him is Alley, more on her later. Beta was another one of our Husky rescues. Back in 1999( man that was a long time ago) we lived near our county animal shelter. One day they called me and asked me to come by and look at some puppies they thought might be sick. While I was there I saw Beta. It wasn't love at first sight, but I did tell them under no circumstances were they allowed to put him down. I asked them to let me know if they couldn't find him a home. Two months later he was still there. Around the same time Alley came to live with us. She was 15 at the time and had just been sent to live with us from Southern Cali. Alley is my second cousin and had been in foster care since she was 9. We decided that a dog of her own would be good for her. At the shelter I introduced Alley to Beta and it WAS love at first sight. Beta was brought home and he blended into our family. Alley spent alot of time with him the first few months and consequently he is the most well trained dog of our group. He can sit, stay, shake, lay down, crawl, fetch and hug. When Alley was 18 she was no longer "legally" in our care and she moved back to Cali. For both of their sakes, I thought it best for Beta to stay with us. Alley is now married and living in Texas. She still loves animals and has several of her own. Beta remembers her when ever she comes back for a visit and is always happy to see her, as you can tell by the picture.

1 comment:

MississippiZen said...

Nice to meet ya Beta :) You sure are a handsome fella!