Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Monday, November 19, 2007

Food disasters

One of my favorite blogs to read is Notes from the Trenches. Today she was discussing various food disasters she has had over the years. At the end she asked for other peoples stories. After almost 15 years of marriage, I think I am passable, but I also don't cook very often. One of the worst disasters I can remember is during the early part of our marriage, I thought it would be great to make home made biscuits for Dan on his birthday. If you have ever tried to make biscuits from scratch, you know it is an art form. Well, I am not very artistic... they would have made great paper weights or hockey pucks. Dan gamely tried to eat them, but I haven't tried to make them again to this day. I have also had various disasters involving home made fudge etc. Is it any wonder that I don't enjoy cooking and would rather eat a bowl of cereal for dinner then bother to eat anything I have to cook.

1 comment:

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

I have also made the “hockey puck” biscuits. I now use “Bisquick” this stuff is fantastic!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki