Lilypie Date is set Ticker

Saturday, November 24, 2007

TIME....


Marches on. Today as I sat watching college football it occurred to me that this weekend was the last of the regular season games. I love college football and look forward to it all year long. Now fall is almost gone and winter is coming. My next logical thought was about the adoption. It seems like we have been in this process forever. It has been almost 2 years since we started the paper chase. On Dec 29th it will be 1 year since our log in date. People ask me all the time have we heard anything about the adoption. It is hard not to snap "No we haven't not since the last time you asked me a week ago!" I know most people don't understand the process and are only asking because they care. Sometime I go whole days without thinking about the quagmire that is Chinese Adoption right now. I think it would be easier if there was such a thing as a time frame, but alas, every month is different. If adoptions continue at the pace they are right now, it could be YEARS before we get a referral. I apologize for the dark cloud, but some days are worse than others for me. We honestly thought when we started this process 2 years ago that we would have Alexandria home by now. Then the reality of the paper chase beat us down and took 11 months to complete. By the time we got our paper work to China, the referral times had started to lengthen and we thought surely by summer of '08 we would have a referral. Now here it is almost Dec of '07 and people who's paper work arrived in China over 2 years ago are just getting their referral. So if you do the math, best case, we would get a referral in another year, but.....that is assuming that referral time don't lengthen any more. Now you see the reason for my melancholy. Oh well, don't worry about me. In another day or two, my mind will focus on something else and I'll be able to put the situation out of my mind for a while. I promise happier post in the future.

1 comment:

MississippiZen said...

hey....... that's what we are here for ... if you can't complain to the internets, than who can you complain to????
Seriously, I have no words to comfort you ...just know that I pray for Alex and her birthparents ... that her birthmother has a easy birth and that Alex is scooped up by loving arms and lovingly cared for until you and Dan get there to get her. She will be worth the wait but you won't know that until you hold her in your arms. Until then, you have my permission to slap anyone who asks you "So how's the adoption?" ...
Love,
M